Friday, June 22, 2018

Whole Slow Cooker Freezer Meals

It has been requested that I post my source for Whole 30 freezer meals. I would actually say it's more of a main dish than a meal because you still have to prepare a side most of the time, its easy though. I will also say that I DO get bored of Crockpot meals so I switch it up and cook a couple fresh meals in between these freezer meals. I do not eat this way all the time, mostly just when I am on a strict round and I need it to be fool proof. I usually cook fresh meals with a freezer meal thrown in here and there. This is a total fail safe though!! Especially if you haven't done Whole 30 before. This is the way I started out and it got me on track and through the first 2 weeks which was the hardest. Then I made a few fresh meals and got right back on track with freezer meals, so really it got me through the first 30 days! Then after that I was in love with the lifestyle and had Tigers Blood and felt like I wanted to take on the world! Now I have a good balance in my life and I really feel like I couldn't have done it without these meals.
A few thoughts or suggestions come to mind. First is that after 6 months of eating these freezer meals I am sick of them. Haha! I do feel like most of them needed more flavor so keep that in mind when prepping them. Second, they take up a lot of space so don't get ahead of yourself and prep all 30! I usually keep 5 meals in my freezer at a time and prep more when I need them, which is usually about 2-3 weeks later. I did prep 2 weeks worth when I started and I did make it work but it was like chiseling stone trying to get them out! It does help if you put parchment paper between the bags though. Third, I would definitely cook the ground beef before putting it into the bag and in the freezer. It was fine and didn't bother me too bad to throw it into the slow cooker but the texture and flavor is definitely better when you brown the meal first and let it cool bit before adding it to the meal and freezing it. It's an extra step but not a big deal when your already prepping, it can just cook while you prep other meals. Lastly, I have gotten in the habit of finding regular recipes and making them Whole 30 or just making up my own based on all the others I have tried and kinda perfected.  I will post my own freezer meals in a few weeks when I get them put together, it's a nice break from these. 
Now without further ado, just click the link for THE ULTIMATE WHOLE 30 SLOW COOKER FREEZER MEAL PLAN! Enjoy and good luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Omg. I'm totally doing these when I get back home. You're rockin it nat!

    ReplyDelete