Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Portabello Ranch Burgers with Mexi Fries

Tonight's dinner was amaze-balls!
I usually make Ranch burgers with lettuce wraps but I thought I would give mushrooms a shot. It was actually a lot easier than I anticipated (just throw the mushrooms in the oven for 10 minutes) and delicious! Granted, my plate was a sopping wet mess once I was finished but worth it! To be honest there is no true recipe for dinner but I will tell you how I threw it together anyway, which is kinda better actually cuz you can see how easy it is to eat a scrumptious, healthy meal!

I start with two russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into thin strips. I like mine pretty thin actually so these fries were bigger than normal and didn't crunch up as much so... next time I will do them right! Spread them on a pan with parchment paper so they don't stick, spray some olive oil and toss them lightly. Here is the fun part! You can make them whatever flavor you want but I just got my new TLC Taco Seasoning in the mail yesterday and I reaaally wanted to try it so I opted for mexi fries! They were delish by the way! Then you cook the fries at 400 degrees for about 35-40 minutes depending on your oven and how crunchy you like them.

While that is baking I cook my burgers with TLC House Seasoning (didn't I tell you this stuff was a staple in my house!?),  slice up some avocado and make some chili lime dipping sauce for the fries. I make this with my homemade Whole 30 mayo (in a previous post), a pinch of cilantro and a dash of TLC Chaco's Chili Lime Seasoning and mix it all up! When the fries have 10-15 minutes left I add the portabello mushrooms, top side down, to soften up. Once that is finished you put the patty on the mushrooms as a bun with some avocado slices and dump ranch (a delicious homemade and compliant ranch dressing that must go on EVERYTHING! Seriously, you need to go make it. Now. Wait! Not RIGHT now...). Serve with a pile of mexi fries and chili lime sauce! Voila! A mouth watering, healthy meal that leaves you satisfied!

**Note:You do not need to use the Tiny Little Chef Seasonings but I highly recommend them! Not only are they delicious and a staple in my cooking but are handcrafted, all natural, dairy free, sugar free and little to no sodium. They were made by Christy, a certified nutritionist and professional chef who I have become good friends with on my journey through Whole 30. She also was kind enough to give my readers 20% of + free shipping when you use the code NATALIE at checkout. Just visit tlcseasonings.com and check it out! She has a ton of seasonings but some of them are only offered seasonally. Like the Taco Seasoning is only around for summer. She made a big batch and once it sells out it is gone til next year and last time I spoke to her she told me that already half were gone! So I recommend you hurry over there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment