Tuesday, June 5, 2018

So, what DO you eat?

First let me preface this by saying I eat about 90% Paleo and Whole 30. Why? Because that is what works for me! Everyone is different and their bodies react to foods in different ways. I have noticed when I eat too much gluten or sodium I bloat like I'm 6 months pregnant! If I eat a bite of ice cream I am in the bathroom all night, sorry for the image, but it's true!

Therefore, people are always confused by what I eat so when I try to explain that I don't eat dairy, gluten, most grains, sugar or legumes (again, most the time on legumes) they say, "so what do you eat???".  Good question. Allow me to enlighten you...

Let me start by saying when you have a sensitivity or allergy to something it makes it a whole lot easier! Let me tell you! You don't really want to indulge in that stack of pancakes if you're going to be in pain after. Sometimes you get a momentary lapse of judgement, especially when you haven't had it in so long you forget what aliens in your stomach feel like. Most of the time my family eats Paleo or Whole 30 but like I have mentioned before we do indulge when we are at family gatherings or special events as long as we know it won't make us sick. Because the whole point of the "diet" is to eliminate these foods then add them back in slowly to see if your body reacts and if it does you know your body doesn't handle it well.

Anyway, I started off Whole 30 with freezer meals, everyday. It got old super quick but it was a great way to get a kick start! It was also fool proof because your meal was ready to go in the evening and you had no excuse. They were actually decent but the texture of Crockpot meals is kinda unique and after like the 7th straight day of dinner and leftover lunches you get really gaggy. Yes, I said it. **gagg**. Once I got the hang of Whole 30 and I wasn't so overwhelmed anymore I started experimenting and making new meals from Pinterest and my Whole 30 Facebook group. I was making some awesome, easy and healthy meals that made me realize I didn't miss the way I used to eat at all and that I was in fact loving this way of life AND the meals! I love the energy and the I do NOT miss the 34lbs I dropped. Now we pretty much cook fresh meals with freezer meals between and that has been a good system for us. I truly do also notice that when I stop eating so well, like I get in a bit of a rut of crap food because of busy schedules or vacations that I lose my energy, I sleep worse, I'm lazy and super bloated. Basically I just feel like crap because you are what you eat.

Well, my rant is over. I just wanted you to know that once I started eating this way I realized you can have amazing healthy meals that taste really, really GOOD! I crave my Whole 30 recipes, for reals. Even when I make compliant recipes for parties and sneak them on my unsuspecting victims, I always get rave reviews! Plus, there are some super simple recipes too that don't make you feel like you spent an hour in the kitchen or that you're missing out on something better. THIS BLOG is where I will post my staples, must haves, and delicious recipes so you won't feel deprived when making a choice to eat better and improve your life. I LOVE food so the fact that I can do this means it's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment