Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Baked Potato Fries

Since I started Whole 30 potatoes have been my best friend. We don't have them everyday but probably more than we should... I truly just go by the way my body feels and as long as the scale is going down, not up, then I figure I'm fine, HAHA! In particular, potato fries have been my go to because they are easy, delicious and versatile. I have made them A LOT and in all different forms! I have discovered that this is my favorite recipe. It's simple and yummy and goes with everything. The frustrating thing is that when I make up my own recipes I rarely measure. I am sorry in advance and I am working on this so that you guys have exact measurements. I know I rely on measurements a lot when cooking a new recipe that isn't mine.

Anyway, I have tried cooking these with a silicone baking mat and parchment paper. I expected the baking mat to have better results but actually the parchment paper got the fries crispier. I will have to test this theory a few more times before it's conclusive though. Also, I prefer my fries a bit more "shoestring" style so I cut the potato length wise into about 4 strips then I cut smaller strips out of each piece, length wise. I know that sounds confusing but I will post photos. Without further ado, the yummiest baked potato fries ever!

brussels sprouts, whole 30, clean eating, weightloss, recipes, paleo
Baked Potato Fries

2 Russet Potatoes
Olive Oil
TLC House Seasoning, if you don't have this seasoning then you can use sea salt or a combo of sea salt and garlic powder. I highly recommend the seasoning though as it's perfection!
Paprika

Preheat oven to 425* and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Cut potatoes into strips to form fries. Put fries into a bowl or large zip lock bag and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on them and shake them around (You don't want too much olive oil or the fries won't crisp up). Then sprinkle a generous amount of House Seasoning and Paprika and shake again until covered. Spread on your baking sheet and cook 35-45 minutes, depending on how thick you cut your fries. Serve on the side of any dish! I also have an easy yummy recipe for Brussels Sprouts that I served with it.
Enjoy!

**Note:You do not need to use the Tiny Little Chef Seasonings but I highly recommend them! Not only are they delicious and a staple in my cooking but are handcrafted, all natural, dairy free, sugar free and little to no sodium. They were made by Christy, a certified nutritionist and professional chef who I have become good friends with on my journey through Whole 30. She also was kind enough to give my readers 20% of + free shipping when you use the code NATALIE at checkout. Just visit tlcseasonings.com and check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment