Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mini Challenges

Steps to Success 


I decided I needed to make multiple mini challenges for myself in increments or else I will lose my determination to succeed. I have decided to do these weekly. Once I have completed a goal for one week successfully I will move onto my new challenge in addition to the once I have accomplished. I do want to say though that I have been off Soda and Sweets since last week and I haven't eaten out either. 

Week 1: Eliminate Soda and stay hydrated with water
Week 2: Eliminate processed sugar and swap with fruit
Week 3: Eliminate fast food and add more veggies
Week 4: Eliminate eating out and work on food prep
Week 5: Focus on having simple healthy meals at home
Week 6: Start low intensity workouts 4 days a week 
Week 7: Read a health or self improvement book
Week 8: Try something new, get out of my comfort zone

It's only 2 months worth, but it is a start. I will also want to revisit my goals and re-evaluate what is most important to me to accomplish next in my life. Hopefully this will keep me on track and help me to stay focused on my goal. Speaking of which, I wanted to share with you my Inspiration Board. When I say board I mean my .59 poster that I cut and pasted all things that inspire me at the moment and hung it on the wall. Anything that I can walk past everyday and remember why I am doing what I am, but I believe it is important to revisit this as well and switch it up so you don't get too used to it. Re-discover what inspires you every few weeks and use that as fuel for your journey. 

Also, I wanted to thank all of you that gave me advice on my last post. I got some really great ideas to get me started! Zach and I are going grocery shopping today (me in a motorized scooter, sorry Abbie I forgot pictures). Then I will begin prepping meals with Zach at the kitchen table and instructing him what to do. His new years resolution was to learn to cook so maybe there is finally some good in spraining my ankle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment