Friday, June 22, 2018

Perfect Blackened Chicken Thighs

I am not normally the type of person to throw a meal together because I am a textbook procrastinator and excuse maker. I will wait until the last minute then decide there isn't enough time and I end up with fast food in front of face, only to end up sick and depressed later! I have been desperately trying to improve this imperfection in my life and last night was one of the small victories!

That victory is called Perfect Blackened Chicken!

I threw this meal together when I realized the chicken thighs I was supposed to use for Coconut Chicken Curry was going to go bad and I didn't have time to make the curry. I am kinda glad I tanked on that task because now I have found a staple meal in my home! The outside was crispy and the inside was juicy and the whole thing was so full of flavor I was literally "ooooh and awww-ing" all through dinner.

First brine the chicken in salt water for 15 minutes while the oven preheats to 400*. Then rinse the chicken in cold water and pat dry. Move the chicken to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and rub it in ghee all over chicken. Replace chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle generously with TLC House Seasoning and Blackened Seasoning. Bake for 40 min. That's it! Super easy! I served it with cauliflower and broccoli that was tossed in Olive Oil and TLC House Seasoning and cooked right alongside the chicken. Perfect healthy meal! Enjoy!

**Note:You do not need to use the Tiny Little Chef Seasonings but I highly recommend them! Not only are they delicious and a staple in my cooking but are handcrafted, all natural, dairy free, sugar free and little to no sodium. They were made by Christy, a certified nutritionist and professional chef who I have become good friends with on my journey through Whole 30. She also was kind enough to give my readers 20% of + free shipping when you use the code NATALIE at checkout. Just visit tlcseasonings.com.

whole 30, recipes, paleo, weightloss, clean eating, roasted veggies, broccoli, cauliflower
Perfect Blackened Chicken

*5-6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
*1 TBS ghee (my favorite brand)
*TLC House Seasoning
*TLC Blackened Seasoning

Brine:
*4 cups water, lukewarm
*1/4 cup salt

Preheat oven to 400*. While oven preheats put lukewarm water into a big bowl and dissolve salt into it, add chicken and let sit 15 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry. Rub ghee all over chicken and replace to sheet. Lightly sprinkle house seasoning then a generous sprinkle of blackened seasoning covering the top of the chicken thighs. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Easy, perfectly crisp and juicy chicken thighs! Serve with a salad, roasted veggies (suggestion above) or potato fries (recipe soon).



No comments:

Post a Comment